MindHealth Matters – December 2022
December might be one of the most festive times of the year, but it’s also National Drunk and Drugged Driving Awareness month. Being aware of the other side of celebrating can help keep you and those you love safe this season. Those back-to-back events can also bring on social anxiety and unrealistic expectations, which may lead to frustration and exhaustion. Learning how to plan your time and making it a point to choose where you’ll focus your energy goes a long way toward helping you find gratitude and happiness in the midst of the holiday frenzy.
In this issue, you’ll find National Drunk and Drugged Driving Awareness month, conversation starters for seasonal gatherings, tips for couples with conflicting holiday traditions, ways to balance work and home life during the holidays, how to handle social anxiety, the connection between gratitude and happiness, what to do if you’re a victim of identity theft, and ideas to help you eat healthy between celebrations. You’ll also find PAS’s contact information with a variety of ways to reach us.
- December is National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month
- Having “The Holiday Talk” With Your Partner
- Holiday Conversation Starters to Save the Day
- Managing Social Anxiety During the Holidays
- The Gratitude Factor: Boosting Happiness with a Thank-You
- Deck the Halls and Meet the Deadlines: Finding Work/Life Balance During the Holidays
- How to Avoid Identity Theft, and What to Do if it Happens to You
- Tips to Eat Healthy Between Holiday Celebrations
- Wellbeing Resources